GREATER ILLINOIS TITLE COMPANY
DRIVE UP Closings
Greater Illinois Title Company is working to provide safe and convenient options to help our clients. We are currently offering two options for Drive Up closings.
- For purchase transactions, -Drive Up to a GIT office
- For refinance
transactions – Drive Up to the borrower’s home
BOTH OPTIONS DESCRIBED BELOW WILL REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Schedule A Closing APPOINTMENT
- Call or email your local GIT office
- Email email@example.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact your GIT Account Manager
2. Obtain APPROVED HEALTH FORM
For anyone who may enter our offices or who will be involved in a Drive Up closing, GIT will send out and obtain a simple health screening form and ask that it be filled out and sent back to the local GIT closing office for review and approval prior to the closing.
- We are strongly encouraging the Seller(s) and Buyer(s) to obtain a Power of Attorney from his/her/their respective attorneys to limit or eliminate the need for people at the closing table.
- With the lender’s authorization, GIT will send paperwork to the buyer/borrower and the respective attorney ahead of time to allow time for review and any questions.
- Seller(s) attorney can UPS paperwork to GIT for their closing. GIT will provide UPS Services at no charge
DRIVE UP Purchase CLOSINGS:
- A GIT staff member will meet you at the scheduled time, obtain evidence of a government issued ID, and hand over an envelope only with the pages that require a “wet ink” signature. The client will then need to execute these documents.
- The executed documents will then be taken back to our office for final processing and notarization. We will contact you if there are any further questions.
- Not all closings may qualify for the Drive-Up Closing Services , so please contact your GIT closing office or your GIT Account Manager for further information in order to determine if a closing qualifies for this option.
We are recommending the following in order of preference for refinance closings:
- Drive Up to a GIT Office
- Drive Up at borrower’s home
- Remote Online Notarization where authorized
Drive Up Closing at a Borrower’S HOME
- GIT will send paperwork to the borrowers ahead of time to allow time to review and contact us with questions.
- If all is approved, clients will receive a scheduled appointment time. Our mobile closer will then drive up to the home, obtain evidence of a government issued ID and hand over an envelope only with the pages that require a “wet ink” signature.
- The executed documents will then be taken back to our office for final processing and notarization.
- Not all closings may qualify for the service so please contact your GIT closing office for further information in order to determine if a closing qualifies for this service.
REMOTE ONLINE NOTARIZATION (ron)
- Remote Online Notarization is electronic notarization done by a licensed and commissioned notary public via a secure two-way communication system. Illinois is in the process of studying an emergency executive order to allow a form of RON to facilitate closings
If you have any questions, please contact your GIT Account Executive at any time.
We’re all in this together. Be Safe and Stay Healthy!
Greater Illinois Title Company